Elgorriagalogo    logo Altoglass  LogoOQUENDO 1rslogo-valor          Logo carmencita          LogoEsenciasdelosPatios FSBALTIC logologoybLogo Qualia 01Logo Marcos 01 Interal


Chocolates Elgorriaga (Cookies and Chocolates)

ElgorriagalogoThe Elgorriaga family opened their first chocolate shop in Irun in 1770. Already in 1838 they began producing their own handmade chocolates. The quality of their products was becoming famous all over the North of Spain. In 1954 they launched the first major Elgorriaga chocolate factory. From that time it began to be widely known throughout Spain to become the benchmark in what refers to chocolates during the second half of the twentieth century.


In 1970 they released their line of figures of chocolates and famous nougats that have accompanied several generations of Spanish families during the holidays. In 1979 Elgorriaga opened the cookie factory in Ávila, where they produce their famous and delicious cookies filled and covered with chocolate, strawberry, vanilla and other delicacies.

The death in 1981 in a traffic accident of D. José Miguel Elgorriaga, CEO of the brand and a reference in the sector, led the company to a tumultuous period that ended with its sale in 1985 to Cantalou SA In 2005 the company was sold to Investment Siton (Dhul Group) and renamed since then Chocolates Elgorriaga, SL. Currently Urbasa Global Brands owns Chocolates Elgorriaga, SL and is involved in the recovery of the foreign market for the brand, with a strong export policy that has led them to engage the services of Baltic Commercial Office in September 2012 to introduce its products in the Baltic markets.